E-Mobility: Function, Safety and Performance Tests for Charging Cables and Wall Boxes
Intelligent Charging Cable: Test Strategy and Test Execution
The ICCB takes over the safety and control functions that are otherwise integrated in the stationary charging station. This places increased demands on the function test in production.
Test strategy: Separate function tests for the “operating and control unit” module and the “power electronics”.
The test of combined assemblies usually includes separate pre-tests of the two assemblies as well as the EOL test after assembly. During the functional test of the electronics, the power supply is first checked and the test firmware is programmed. Furthermore, the “internal electronics”, voltages at test points, interfaces such as I2C, SPI, CAN... as well as radio interfaces such as WLAN, Bluetooth are tested.
As instruments for functional testing of the control modules are often used:
- DC voltage sources with current monitoring
- JTAG programming devices
- Test firmware and boundary-scan HW
- Multiplexer/matrices for switching the test points to the measuring instruments
- Test interfaces for I2C, SPI, CAN
- Coupling antennas and RF power meters or corresponding remote stations
Frequently performed tests of power electronics:
- Safety or insulation test with HV (5 contacts network to 5 contacts vehicle as well as test RCD/FI protection)
- Communication test e.g. Powerline
- Performance test AC e.g. 3kW, 11kW, 22kW, 42KW and optional DC 10kW-100+ kW
Use of automated actors with finger imitations for testing capacitive touch-displays.
|✓||LX-TSCOE4 Operator Interface...|
|✓||LX-TSCOE Legacy OP|
|✓||LX-Magpie Evaluation Software...|
|✓||LX-Woodcreeper Database API...|
|✓||Keysight TestExec SL...|
|Associated Research Autoware|
|✓||LX-Test Step Library|