Electronic Loads / Sinks
An electronic load offers the possibility of testing the specimen under different loads. Various load changes are simulated, as they can occur in normal operation. For this purpose, the relevant load current is set in a defined range and electronically controlled. For the test, different operating states are either programmed or entered into the system via an interface (USB, RS-232, GPIB...). For easy handling and quick use, there are four operating modes.
These operating modes are controlled as follows:
- Constant current (CC) -> The current is regulated to a constant value independent of the voltage.
- Constant voltage (CV) -> The voltage is regulated to a constant value independent of the load.
- Constant power (CP) -> The output power remains constant.
- Constant resistance (CR) -> Load with a fixed internal resistance.
In this way, a wide variety of load shapes and load curves can be exactly simulated, which makes an exact comparison of the specimens possible. All values, both the set values and the determined measured values, are currently displayed and documented in a controllable manner.
To protect the current sinks from damage during operation, the following protective functions are also integrated:
- Over Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Over Current Protection (OCP)
- Over Power Protection (OPP)
- Over Temperature Protection (OTP)
Special features also include efficient cooling to ensure continuous operation, as well as a power-saving, environmentally conscious power recovery system called a regenerative electronic load. The application range of electronic loads is very versatile. Depending on the design for alternating or direct current, they can be used to test power supplies, frequency converters, battery and fuel cells, solar power systems, etc.
LXinstruments carries a wide variety of loads for every application. Get an overview in our shop.
This is how you can reach us directly:
Tel.: +49 (0)7032 / 895 93-0