BRS Messtechnik BMUX15/4
The battery multiplexer BMUX15/4 is a 16-channel change-over switch in four-wire technology for the battery impedance meters BIM1, BIM2 and BTC1. Up to 15 stacked battery cells or up to 8 separate battery cells can be switched and measured without reconnection. The switchover takes place via 16 double contacts (each Force and Sense), which in pairs form a channel. A cell is selected via 2 adjacent channels. Power is supplied via the integrated USB interface. Alternatively, an RS232 interface is available for data communication. The unit can be controlled by remote via a simple communication protocol (e.g. PLC). Operation is via a graphical user interface (GUI) for Windows PC.
Applications of the Battery-Multiplexer BMUX15/4
- Extension module for the battery impedance meters BIM1, BIM2 und BTC1
- Switching of individual channels to an input of the subsequent measuring device
- Impedance and voltage measurement on various cells without reconnection
Specifications of the Battery-Multiplexer BMUX15/4:
- Max. 16 input channels
- Switchover takes place via 16 double contacts (Force und Sense)
- Total voltage up to 60 V
- Cell current up to 2 A
- Switching time: < 5 ms
- USB interface for supply and communication
- Alternative RS‑232 interface
Scope of delivery of the Battery-Multiplexer BMUX15/4:
- BMUX15/4 device
- Connectors for connecting single-wire conductors
- Operating Manual
BRS Messtechnik, based in Stuttgart, Germany, specializes in battery measurement technology and manufactures both battery measurement instruments and battery test systems. The compact battery testers operate independently of technology and can test batteries at cell and module level as well as accumulators quickly and effectively.
The instruments are suitable for use in development for suitability analyses, in manufacturing for quality control as well as in the field of reuse to determine aging processes. In addition, customized measuring devices and modules are also manufactured.