GW Instek GPT-9900 Series
Hipot Tester for Withstanding Voltage, Insulation Resistance and Ground bond test
With a total of four GPT-9900 series devices with a higher output power of 500 VA, GWInstek complements the GPT-9800 family to serve the market with higher performance requirements for safety testing of electronic products and components. The GPT-9900 series provides a reliable, safe and practical solution for high-voltage safety testing. The devices are characterized by high durability and multiple user protection. The GPT-9900 series supports the key test points required to comply with safety standards such as IEC, EN, UL, CSA, GB, JIS, and other safety regulations.
The GPT-9904 is a 4-in-1 model capable of performing AC withstanding, DC withstanding, insulation resistance and ground bond tests, whereas the GPT-9903A is a 3-in-1 model capable of performing AC withstanding, DC withstanding and insulation resistance tests. The GPT-9902A is capable of performing both AC and DC withstanding tests whereas The GPT-9901A is able to only perform AC withstanding tests.The GPT-9900 series safety tester follows every good feature and advantage of the GPT-9800 series. The high-efficiency PWM amplifier is the core of GPT-9900 platform design to impede the influence from the voltage fluctuation of input AC source. The output voltage is automatically cut off (within 150μs) upon the detection of an abnormal output voltage or a trip of current limits during test to protect the operator from hazardous injury. The GPT-9900 series automatically discharges the DUT after each test to eliminate excessive voltage that remains on the DUT.
Following a tidy and easy-to-use design concept, the GPT-9900 series is equipped with a simple & clear panel layout, a high resolution dot matrix LCD display, and color LED indicators, allowing operators to interpret measurement results easily and quickly. In the role as the complement of 200VA safety testers, the GPT-9900 series is designed upon a 500VA output platform to enhance all major test functions, including AC withstanding (AC 5kV/100mA), DC withstanding (DC 6kV/20mA), insulation resistance (DC 50V ~ 1000V/50GΩ max.) and ground bond (AC 32A max./650mΩ max.) tests, with high-power measurement capabilities. Further more, the test duration, ramp up time and upper/lower limits of the output voltage are fully-adjustable to accommodate a wide variety of safety tests with accurate measurement results. The “Sweep” function of the GPT-9900 series is able to display the test results point by point all through the testing period to form a trace graph. This graphic display performs the characteristic verification of a DUT through observing the parameter response to the changes of the applied voltage or current or testing time. On the graph a movable marker is available to get the parameter reading on the specific point of user’s interest.
Other significant functions and features of the GPT-9900 series include the rear panel output for system applications, the open-circuit detection to ensure proper connections of apparatus for ground bond test, 100 sets of memory to save and recall the panel settings for individual or sequential tests, a remote output on-off terminal in the front panel and a signal I/O port in the rear panel provided as the means for remote start/stop control of the safety tester, and RS-232C, USB and GPIB (optional) interfaces available for PC remote control and test result logging.
Features of the Safety Tester GPT-9900 Series
- Test Capacity 500 VA AC
- Short Current > 200mA
- Ice Blue Dot Matrix LCD 240x48
- Sweep Function for DUT characteristic analysis
- Insulation resistance measurement up to 50 GΩ (GPT-9903A/9904)
- Manual/Auto Mode
- Function Key for quick selecting
- High intensity flash for Caution & Status indication
- Safety INTERLOCK function
- Zero Crossing Turn-on Operation
- Controllable Ramp-up Time
- RMS Current Measurement
- High resolution: 1 µA for measuring current, 2 V for setting voltage
- PWM amplifier to enhance the power efficiency and reliable testing
- 100 memory block for test condition (step) setting. And each step can be named individually.
- Remote terminal on the front panel for “start” and “stop” control
- Interface: RS-232C, USB, Signal I/O and GPIB (optional)
Specifications of the Safety Tester GPT-9900 Series:
- AC Withstanding:
- Output-Voltage: 50 V to 5 kV AC, sinusoidal
- Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz, switchable
- Current Measurement Range: 0,001 mA to 100 mA
- Maximum Rated Load: 500 VA (5 kV/100 mA)
- DC Withstanding:
- Output-Voltage:50 V to 6 kV DC
- Current Measurement Range: 0.001 mA to 20 mA
- Maximum Rated Load: 100 W (5 kV/20 mA)
- Insulation Resistance:
- Output-Voltage: 50 V to 1 kV DC
- Resistance Measurement Range: 1 kΩ to 50 MΩ
- Output Impedance: 600 kΩ
- Ground Bond:
- Test voltage: 6 V AC (open circuit)
- Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz, switchable
- Output-Current: 3 A to 32 A
- Resistance Measurement Range: 10 mΩ to 650 mΩ
Available Models of the Safety Tester GPT-9900 Series
- Safety Tester GPT-9901A for AC Withstanding Voltage Tests
- Safety Tester GPT-9902A for AC / DC Withstanding Voltage Tests
- Safety Tester GPT-9903A for AC / DC Withstanding Voltage / Insulation Resistance Tests
- Safety Tester GPT-9904 for AC / DC Withstanding Voltage / Insulation Resistance / Ground Bond Tests
Options of Electrical Safety Tester of GPT-9900 Series
- GPT-9KG1 GPIB card
- GSB-01 Multiplex Scanner Box (8CH H.V)
- GSB-02 Multiplex Scanner Box (6CH H.V./2CH G.B.)
Optional Accessories of Electrical Safety Tester of GPT-9900 Series
- GHT-113 High Voltage Test Pistol
- GHT-117 High Voltage Adapter Box
- GHT-118 High Voltage / Ground Bond Adapter Box
- GHT-205 High Voltage Test Probe
- GTL-232 RS232C Cable, 9-pin Female to 9-pin, null Modem for Computer, Approx. 2000mm
- GTL-247 USB Cable, A-A type, approx. 1800mm
- GTL-248 GPIB Cable, approx. 2000mm
- GRA-417 RACK Mount Kit (19”, 4U)
- GRA-433 RACK Mount Kit (19”, 4U) for GPT-9904 only
Included Accessories of Electrical Safety Tester of GPT-9900 Series
- Quick Start Guide x1, CD x1(completed user manual),
- Power cord x1, Interlock key x1,
- Remote terminal Cable GHT-119 x1,
- Test lead GHT-114 x1 for GPT-9903A/9902A/9901A
- Test lead GHT-114 x1, GTL-115 x 1 for GPT-9904
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- Further products by GW Instek (Good Will Instruments)
Founded in 1975, Good Will Instrument Co., Ltd was the first professional manufacturer in Taiwan specializing in electrical test & measurement instruments. GW Instek began as a manufacturer of power supplies and quickly expanded into the development of high precision electronic test and measurement instruments.
After decades of experience in the test and measurement industry, GW Instek has grown to become one of the important manufacturers and developers of test and measurement instruments worldwide. Today GW Instek has more than 300 product items, ranging from oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal sources, basic test & measurement instruments to video surveillance systems. GW Instek has also seen its present growth internationally. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, GW Instek has subsidiaries in mainland China, America, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Europe, and India; its products are sold to more than 80 countries worldwide.
With a strong focus on high quality, economical measurement solutions for the educational and industrial manufacturing markets, Good Will Instrument has developed a solid brand image and reputation for reliability, integrity and innovation. From its inception, GW Instek has dedicated itself to becoming a professional electronic test and measurement designer and manufacturer, resulting in a number of national awards and the trust of customers world-wide; In 1993 Good Will Instrument became ISO 9002 accredited and the following year won the Highest Honor of National Outstanding SMEs (small and medium enterprises) Award from the Taiwanese Ministry of Economic Affairs. In 2000, Good Will Instrument went public on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
GW Instek has been a byword for quality electronic test & measurement instruments due to its decades of experience in R&D, marketing and manufacturing. GW Instek's reputation has been built upon the philosophy of integrity, quality, and creativity as well as the accumulation of years of experience. Focusing on the improvement of R&D, manufacturing and marketing competitiveness, GW Instek will continue to be one of the most reliable, trusted brands creating the highest value for customers.