GW Instek GPT-9800 Series
Hipot Tester for Withstanding Voltage, Insulation Resistance and Ground bond tests
A Solid Foundation for Reliable, Safe and Practical Safety Compliance Testing
GW Instek is launching to the market a series of safety tester (hi-pot tester/hipot tester) with high durability and multiple user-protection design. The GPT-9800 supports the major test items among all the needed for the compliance of the safety standards such as IEC, EN, UL, CSA, GB, JIS and other safety regulations.
A total of 4 safety testers in the GPT-9800 Series, namely GPT-9804, GPT-9803, GPT-9802 and GPT-9801, are available for various applications. The GPT-9804 is a 4-in-1 model capable of performing AC withstanding, DC withstanding, insulation resistance and ground bond tests. The GPT-9803 is a 3-in-1 model capable of performing AC withstanding, DC withstanding as well as insulation resistance tests. The GPT-9802 is capable of performing both AC and DC withstanding tests, whereas the GPT-9801 is able to perform AC withstanding test. The series of safety tester is built upon a high-efficiency PWM amplifier platform with AC 200VA maximum output capacity to impede the influence from the voltage fluctuation of the input AC source. This ensures a stable voltage supply for all the tests of the GPT-9800 Series.
Targeting user’s protections, the GPT-9800 series uses a combination of hardware and software controls to improve safety: A self-check is performed to make sure all the functions and operations are under normal condition each time when the tester is turned on; the Zero Crossing Turn-On design imposes the output voltage to always begin at the zero crossing of a sine wave to avoid the impact of surge voltage output; and the output voltage is automatically cut off (within 150μs) when abnormal output voltages have been detected or when the upper or lower current limits have been reached during testing. To protect operator from hazardous injury, the GPT-9800 Series automatically discharges the DUT after test (within 200ms) each time to eliminate excessive voltage that remains on the DUT. To further ensure safety, the interlock connector can also be used as double protections to prevent inadvertent operation.
The GPT-9800 Series, equipped with a simple & clear panel layout, a high resolution dot matrix LCD display, and color LED indicators, allows operators to interpret measurement results easily and quickly. All major test functions, including AC withstanding (AC 5kV/40mA), DC withstanding (DC 6kV/10mA), insulation resistance (DC 50V ~ 1000V) and ground bond (AC 30A max.) tests, are performed under a high-stability voltage output with high-resolution measurement results. Further more, the test duration, ramp up time and upper/lower limits of the output voltage are fully-adjustable to accommodate a wide variety of safety tests with accurate measurement results.
Other functions and features of the GPT-9800 include: open circuit detection for ground bond testing to get correct measurement result with confidence; 100 sets of memory to save panel settings, which can be recalled for single test individually or for automatic tests in sequence; a remote output on-off terminal in the front panel and a signal I/O port in the rear panel provided as the means for remote start/stop control of the safety tester; RS-232C, USB and GPIB (optional) interfaces available for PC remote control and test result logging.
- High Accuracy and High Resolution Testing Performance
- Safety Guarding throughout the Testing Period
- Multiple Protection Mechanisms
- Friendly User Interface
- High Efficiency and High Stability Output
Features of the Safety Tester GPT-9800 Series
- Test Capacity 200 VA AC
- Ice Blue Dot Matrix LCD 240x48
- Manual/Auto Mode
- Function Key for quick selecting
- High intensity flash for Caution & Status indication
- Safety INTERLOCK function
- Zero Crossing Turn-on Operation
- Controllable Ramp-up Time
- RMS Current Measurement
- High resolution: 1 µA for measuring current, 2 V for setting voltage
- PWM amplifier to enhance the power efficiency and reliable testing
- 100 memory blocks for test condition (step) setting. And each step can be named individually.
- Remote terminal on the front panel for “start” and “stop” control
- Interface : RS-232C, USB, Signal I/O and GPIB (optional)
Specifications of the Safety Tester GPT-9800 Series:
- AC Withstanding:
- Output-Voltage: 0.05 kV to 5 kV AC, sinusoidal
- Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz, switchable
- Current Measurement Range: 0,001 mA to 40 mA
- Maximum Rated Load: 200 VA (5 kV/40 mA)
- DC Withstanding:
- Output-Voltage: 0.05 kV to6 kV DC
- Current Measurement Range: 0.001 mA to 10 mA
- Maximum Rated Load: 50 W (5 kV/10 mA)
- Insulation Resistance:
- Output-Voltage: 50 V to 1 kV DC
- Resistance Measurement Range: 1 MΩ to 9500 MΩ
- Output Impedance: 600 kΩ
- Ground Bond:
- Test voltage: 6 V AC (open circuit)
- Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz, switchable
- Output-Current: 3 A to 30 A
- Resistance Measurement Range: 10 mΩ to 650 mΩ
Available Models of the Safety Tester GPT-9800 Series
- Safety Tester GPT-9801 for AC Withstanding Voltage Tests
- Safety Tester GPT-9802 for AC / DC Withstanding Voltage Tests
- Safety Tester GPT-9803 for, AC / DC Withstanding Voltage / Insulation Resistance Tests
- Safety Tester GPT-9804: 200 VA for AC / DC Withstanding Voltage / Insulation Resistance / Ground Bond Tests
Options of Electrical Safety Tester of GPT-9800 Series
- GPT-9KG1 GPIB card
- GSB-01 Multiplex Scanner Box (8CH H.V)
- GSB-02 Multiplex Scanner Box (6CH H.V./2CH G.B.)
Optional Accessories of Electrical Safety Tester of GPT-9800 Series
- GHT-113 High Voltage Test Pistol
- GHT-117 High Voltage Adapter Box
- GHT-118 High Voltage / Ground Bond Adapter Box
- GHT-205 High Voltage Test Probe
- GTL-232 RS232C Cable, 9-pin Female to 9-pin, null Modem for Computer, Approx. 2000mm
- GTL-247 USB Cable, A-A type, approx. 1800mm
- GTL-248 GPIB Cable, approx. 2000mm
- GRA-417 RACK Mount Kit (19”, 4U)
Included Accessories of Electrical Safety Tester of GPT-9800 Series
- Quick Start Guide x1, CD x1(completed user manual),
- Power cord x1, Interlock key x1,
- Remote terminal Cable GHT-119 x1,
- Test lead GHT-114 x1 for GPT-9803/9802/9801
- Test lead GHT-114 x1, GTL-215 x 1 for GPT-9804
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- Further products by GW Instek (Good Will Instruments)
Founded in 1975, Good Will Instrument Co., Ltd was the first professional manufacturer in Taiwan specializing in electrical test & measurement instruments. GW Instek began as a manufacturer of power supplies and quickly expanded into the development of high precision electronic test and measurement instruments.
After decades of experience in the test and measurement industry, GW Instek has grown to become one of the important manufacturers and developers of test and measurement instruments worldwide. Today GW Instek has more than 300 product items, ranging from oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal sources, basic test & measurement instruments to video surveillance systems. GW Instek has also seen its present growth internationally. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, GW Instek has subsidiaries in mainland China, America, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Europe, and India; its products are sold to more than 80 countries worldwide.
With a strong focus on high quality, economical measurement solutions for the educational and industrial manufacturing markets, Good Will Instrument has developed a solid brand image and reputation for reliability, integrity and innovation. From its inception, GW Instek has dedicated itself to becoming a professional electronic test and measurement designer and manufacturer, resulting in a number of national awards and the trust of customers world-wide; In 1993 Good Will Instrument became ISO 9002 accredited and the following year won the Highest Honor of National Outstanding SMEs (small and medium enterprises) Award from the Taiwanese Ministry of Economic Affairs. In 2000, Good Will Instrument went public on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
GW Instek has been a byword for quality electronic test & measurement instruments due to its decades of experience in R&D, marketing and manufacturing. GW Instek's reputation has been built upon the philosophy of integrity, quality, and creativity as well as the accumulation of years of experience. Focusing on the improvement of R&D, manufacturing and marketing competitiveness, GW Instek will continue to be one of the most reliable, trusted brands creating the highest value for customers.