Magna Power WRx Series
Programmable Load / Electronic DC Load
12.5 kW 1Ph, up to 1000 V, up to 130 A, CC, CV, CP, CR, SR, RM
The Magna Load of the WRx series uses MOSFET-based active resistance switching, which enables the series to cover a very wide working range as with classic ohmic loads, but only significantly cheaper. For this purpose, individual switchable load resistors are installed in series with the Mosfet operated in the linear range. The regulation for this is carried out via special digital signal processors. The heat is dissipated via water cooling
The advantage of ohmic loads is reliability and cost per watt for power loss, while the advantage of MOSFET loads is the regulation speed of the power. Active Resistive Technology combines switched ohmic load with MOSFETs, ensures that the product costs can be significantly reduced.
Features of the programmable, electronic DC-Load of WRx Series
- Power single unit: 12.5 kW
- Voltage: up to 1000 V
- Current: up to 130 A
- Input Voltage: 85 V to 132 V AC or 216 V to 264 V AC
- MagnaLINK ™ DSP architecture
- 16-bit digital setting and display resolution
- SCPI control
- Function types: CC, CV, CP, CR, SR, RM
- Integrated front and rear USB ports, RS485 and two MagnaLINK ™ ports with LXI TCP / IP Ethernet and IEEE-488-GPIB available.
- Plug & Play master slave functionality
- Protection limits adjustable
- Adjustable analog user interface
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
Available models of the programmable, electronic DC-Load of WRx Series
|Model||Max Power||Max Voltage||Max Current||Package Type||Min Voltage|
|WRx12.5-200-130/UI||12.5 kW||200 Vdc||130 Adc||Rack-mount||2.5 Vdc|
|WRx12.5-500-52/UI||12.5 kW||500 Vdc||52 Adc||Rack-mount||3.0 Vdc|
|WRx12.5-1000-26/UI||12.5 kW||1000 Vdc||26 Adc||Rack-mount||5.0 Vdc|
Options of the programmable, electronic DC-Load of WRx Series
- IEEE-488 GPIB Communication interface (+GPIB)
- LXI TCP/IP Ethernet Communication interface (+LXI)
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- Manual of MAGNA POWER WRx Series
- Further products by Magna-Power Electronics, Inc.
Combining robust power processing topologies with state-of-the-art vertically integrated USA manufacturing, tens of thousands of companies rely on Magna-Power's high-quality programmable DC products to power their innovation. For the programmable DC Power Supplies Magna is utilizing the rugged current-fed power processing topology, spanning over 500 models from 1.5 kW to 3,000 kW+, and numerous standard options, Magna-Power offers one of the industry’s broadest range of programmable DC power supplies.
For DC electronic loads they are offering both conventional linear topology and patented Active Resistance Technology, Magna-Power defines a new cost-point for high-power electronic loads from 1.25 kW to 100 kW+, offering unique control modes and highly reliable continuous full-power operation up to 50°C.