Prices plus VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: GW-PSW-Serie
GW Instek PSW-Series
Programmable DC Power Supply
Multi-Range DC-Power Supply, up to 800 V, 108 A, 1080 W
The PSW-Series is a single-output multi-range programmable switching DC Power Supply. This series of products include eighteen models with the combination of 30 V, 40 V, 80 V, 160 V, 250 V and 800 V rated voltages and 360 W, 720 W and 1080 W maximum output powers. The multi-range feature allows the flexible and efficient configuration of voltage and current within the rated power range.
As the PSW-Series can be connected in series for maximum 2 units or in parallel for maximum 3 units, the capability of connecting multiple PSW-Series units for higher voltage or higher current output provides a broad coverage of applications.
With the flexibility of multi-range power utilization and series/parallel connection, the PSW-Series significantly reduces the users' cost for various power supply products to accommodate the projects with different power requirements.
The CV/CC priority selection of the PSW-Series is a very useful feature for DUT protection. The conventional power supply normally operates under CV mode when the power output is turned on. This could bring a high inrush current to the capacitive load or current-intensive load at the power output-on stage. Taking the I-V curve verification of LED as an example, it becomes a very challenging task to perform this measurement using a conventional power supply. With LED connected to a power supply under CV mode as the initial setting, when the power output is turned on and the voltage rises to the LED forward voltage, the current will suddenly peak up and exceed the preset value of current limit. Upon detecting this high current, the power supply starts the transition from CV mode to CC mode. Though the current becomes stable after the CC mode being activated, the current spike occurred at the CV and CC crossover point may possibly damage the DUT. At the power output-on stage, the PSW-Series is able to operate under CC priority to limit the current spike occurred at the threshold voltage and therefore protects DUT from the inrush current damage.
The adjustable slew rate of the PSW-Series allows users to set for either output voltage or output current, a specific rise time from low to high level transition, and a specific fall time from high to low level transition. This facilitates the characteristic verification of a DUT during voltage or current level changes with controllable slew rates. Most manufacturing tests of lighting device or large capacitor during power output-on are associated with the occurrence of high surge current, which can greatly reduce the life time of the DUT. To prevent inrush current from damaging current-intensive devices, a smooth and slow voltage transition during power On-Off can significantly reduce the spike current and protect the device from high current damage.
The OVP and OCP are provided with the PSW-Series. Both OVP and OCP levels can be selected, with default level set at 110%, of the rated voltage/current of the power supply. When any of the protection levels is tripped, the power output will be switched off to protect the DUT. The PSW-Series provides USB Host/Device and LAN interfaces as standard, GPIB-USB adapter and RS232-USB cable as optional. The LabView driver and the Data Logging PC software are supported on all the available interfaces. An analog connector is also available on the rear panel for external control of power On/Off and monitoring of output signals.
|PARALLEL OPERATION ( 3 UNITS )||SERIES OPERATION ( 2 UNITS )|
|MODEL||SINGLE UNIT||2 UNITS||3 UNITS||MODEL||SINGLE UNIT||2 UNITS|
|PSW 30-36||30V/36A||30V/72A||30V/108A||PSW 30-36||30V/36A||60V/36A|
|PSW 30-72||30V/72A||30V/144A||30V/216A||PSW 30-72||30V/72A||60V/72A|
|PSW 30-108||30V/108A||30V/216A||30V/324A||PSW 30-108||30V/108A||60V/108A|
|PSW 40-27||40V/27A||40V/54A||40V/81A||PSW 40-27||40V/27A||80V/27A|
|PSW 40-54||40V/54A||40V/108A||40V/162A||PSW 40-54||40V/54A||80V/54A|
|PSW 40-81||40V/81A||40V/162A||40V/243A||PSW 40-81||40V/81A||80V/81A|
|PSW 80-13.5||80V/13.5A||80V/27A||80V/40.5A||PSW 80-13.5||80V/13.5A||160V/13.5A|
|PSW 80-27||80V/27A||80V/54A||80V/81A||PSW 80-27||80V/27A||160V/27A|
|PSW 80-40.5||80V/40.5A||80V/81A||80V/121.5A||PSW 80-40.5||80V/40.5A||160V/40.5A|
|PSW 160-7.2||160V/7.2A||160V/14.4A||160V/21.6A||PSW 160-7.2||160V/7.2A||320V/7.2A|
|PSW 160-14.4||160V/14.4A||160V/28.8A||160V/43.2A||PSW 160-14.4||160V/14.4A||320V/14.4A|
|PSW 160-21.6||160V/21.6A||160V/43.2A||160V/64.8A||PSW 160-21.6||160V/21.6A||320V/21.6A|
|PSW 250-4.5||250V/4.5A||250V/9A||250V/13.5A||PSW 250-4.5||N/A||N/A|
|PSW 250-9||250V/9A||250V/18A||250V/27A||PSW 250-9||N/A||N/A|
|PSW 250-13.5||250V/13.5A||250V/27A||250V/40.5A||PSW 250-13.5||N/A||N/A|
|PSW 800-1.44||800V/1.44A||800V/2.88A||800V/4.32A||PSW 800-1.44||N/A||N/A|
|PSW 800-2.88||800V/2.88A||800V/5.76A||800V/8.64A||PSW 800-2.88||N/A||N/A|
|PSW 800-4.32||800V/4.32A||800V/8.64A||800V/12.96A||PSW 800-4.32||N/A||N/A|
Specifications of PSW-Series
- Voltage Rating: 30V, 40 V, 80 V, 160 V, 250 V, 800 V
- Output Power Rating: 360 W ~ 1080 W
- Multi-range Voltage & Current Combinations in One Power Supply
- CV/CC Priority; Particularly Suitable for the Battery and LED Industry
- Adjustable Slew Rate
- Series Operation (2 units in Series) for 30 V, 40 V, 80 V, 160 V
- Parallel Operation (to 3 units Parallel) for 30 V, 40 V, 80 V, 160 V, 250 V, 800 V
- High Efficiency and High Power Density 1/2, 1/3, 1/6 Rack Mount Size Design (EIA/JIS Standard) for 360 W, 720 W, 1080 W
- Standard Interface: LAN, USB, Analog Control Interface
- Optional Interface: GPIB-USB Adaptor, RS232-USB Cable LabView Driver
Optional Accessories of PSW:
- PSW-001 Accessory Kit
- PSW-002 Simple IDC Tool
- PSW-003 Contact Removal Tool
- PSW-005 Cable for 2 Units of PSW-Series in series mode connection for PSW 30 V, 40 V, 80 V, 160 V models
- PSW-006 Cable for 2 Units of PSW-Series in parallel mode connection
- PSW-007 Cable for 3 Units of PSW-Series in parallel mode connection
- PSW-010 Large filter for PSW 720 W, 108 0W models)
- GUG-001 GPIB to USB Adaptor
- GRA-410-J Rack Mount Kit (JIS)
- GRA-410-E Rack Mount Kit (KIA)
- GET-001 Extended Terminal with max. 30 A for PSW 30 V, 40 V, 80 V, 160 V models
- GET-002 Extended Terminal with max. 10 A for PSW 250 V, 800 V models
- GET-005 Extended European Terminal with max. 20 A for PSW 30 V, 40 V, 80 V, 160 V models
- GTL-130 Test Lea: 2 x red, 2 x black for PSW 250 V, 800 V models
- GTL-248 GPIB Cable, 2000mm
- GTL-250 GPIB Cable, 600mm
- GUR-001A USB TO RS-232 Cable, 3000 mm
Scope of Delivery of PSW:
- GW Instek PSW Power Supply
- CD-ROM (Programming Manual, User Manual)
- Power Cord (Region dependent)
- GTL-123 Test Lead for PSW 30 V, 40 V, 80 V, 160 V models
- GTL-240 USB Cable-Type
- PSW-004 Basic Accessories Kit for PSW 30 V, 40 V, 80 V, 160 V models
- PSW-008 Basic Accessories Kit for PSW 250 V, 800 V models
- PSW-009 Output terminal cover for PSW 30 V, 40 V, 80 V, 160 V models
- PSW-011 Output terminal cover for PSW 250 V, 800 V models
- PSW-012 High voltage output terminal for PSW 250 V, 800 V models
Founded in 1975, Good Will Instrument Co., Ltd was the first professional manufacturer in Taiwan specializing in electrical test & measurement instruments. GW Instek began as a manufacturer of power supplies and quickly expanded into the development of high precision electronic test and measurement instruments.
After decades of experience in the test and measurement industry, GW Instek has grown to become one of the important manufacturers and developers of test and measurement instruments worldwide. Today GW Instek has more than 300 product items, ranging from oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal sources, basic test & measurement instruments to video surveillance systems. GW Instek has also seen its present growth internationally. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, GW Instek has subsidiaries in mainland China, America, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Europe, and India; its products are sold to more than 80 countries worldwide.
With a strong focus on high quality, economical measurement solutions for the educational and industrial manufacturing markets, Good Will Instrument has developed a solid brand image and reputation for reliability, integrity and innovation. From its inception, GW Instek has dedicated itself to becoming a professional electronic test and measurement designer and manufacturer, resulting in a number of national awards and the trust of customers world-wide; In 1993 Good Will Instrument became ISO 9002 accredited and the following year won the Highest Honor of National Outstanding SMEs (small and medium enterprises) Award from the Taiwanese Ministry of Economic Affairs. In 2000, Good Will Instrument went public on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
GW Instek has been a byword for quality electronic test & measurement instruments due to its decades of experience in R&D, marketing and manufacturing. GW Instek's reputation has been built upon the philosophy of integrity, quality, and creativity as well as the accumulation of years of experience. Focusing on the improvement of R&D, manufacturing and marketing competitiveness, GW Instek will continue to be one of the most reliable, trusted brands creating the highest value for customers.