Model Marvin Test Solutions: MV-GX3702
FPGA PXI High-Performance Digital I/O Card with 7811/7813 Pin-Compatible Connectors
- User configurable, on-board Altera Stratix III FPGA
- No proprietary FPGA design tools required
- Compatible with Altera’s free, web-based Quartus II design tools.
- 160 digital I/O signals available for user specific applications
- Integral DMA controller
- 700 MHz digital I/O clock rate
- Compatible I/O with NI PXI 7813R / 7811R FPGAs
The Marvin Test MV-GX3702 is a user configurable, FPGA-based, 3U PXI card which offers 160 digital I/O signals which can be configured for single-ended or differential interfaces. The card employs the Altera Stratix III FPGA, which can support SerDes data rates up to 1.2 Gb/s, digital I/O clock rates of 700 MHz, and features over 45,000 logic elements and 1.836 Kb of memory. The MV-GX3702 is supplied with an integral expansion board providing access to the FPGAâ‚¬â„¢s 160 I/Os and is pin for pin compatible with the NI PXI 7813R and 7811R FPGA cards . Alternatively, users can design their own custom expansion cards for specific applications - eliminating the need for additional external boards which are cumbersome and physically difficult to integrate into a test system. The design of the FPGA is done by using Altera’s free Quartus II Web Edition tool set. Once the user has compiled the FPGA design, the configuration file can be loaded into the FPGA directly or via an on-board EEPROM.
The Marvin Test MV-GX3702’s digital I/O signals are 5 V tolerant. Logic families supported by the I/O interface include LVTTL, LVDS and LVCMOS. The FPGA device supports up to four phase lock loops for clock synthesis, clock generation and for support of the I/O interface. An on-board 80 MHz oscillator is available for use with the FGPA device or alternatively, the PXI 10 MHz clock can be used as a clock reference by the FPGA.
The FPGA has access to all of the PXI bus resources including the PXI 10 MHz clock, the local bus, and the PXI triggers; allowing the user to create a custom instrument which incorporates all PXI bus resources. Control and access to the FPGA is provided via the MV-GX3702's driver which includes DMA and interrupt support tools for downloading the compiled FPGA code as well as register read and write functionality.
Programming and Software
The board is supplied with the GXFPGA library, a software package that includes a virtual instrument panel, and a Windows 32/64-bit DLL driver library and documentation. The virtual panel can be used to interactively program and control the instrument from a window that displays the instrument’s current settings and status. In addition, interface files are provided to support access to programming tools and languages such as ATEasy, LabView, LabView/Real-Time, C/C++, Microsoft Visual Basic®, Delphi, and Pascal. An On-Line help file and PDF User's Guide provides documentation that includes instructions for installing, using and programming the board.
Scope of Delivery:
- Marvin Test Solutions MV-GX3702: FPGA PXI High-Performance Digital I/O Card with 7811/7813 Pin-Compatible Connectors
Marvin Test Solutions ist ein amerikanischer Hersteller für PXI Instrumente und Software für Funktionstestsysteme und Halbleitertest.
- Eine besondere Stärke von Marvin Test Solutions sind schnelle digitale Pattern-I/O Karten, FPGA- und SMU Karten im 3U und 6U PXI Formfaktor.
- Neben Einzelkomponenten liefert Marvin auch vorkonfigurierte Funktionstestsysteme und Halbleitertestsysteme.
- Mit der ATEasy Entwicklungsumgebung bietet Marvin Kunden, die eine eigene Testsoftware-Architektur realisieren wollen, einen leistungsfähigen Baukasten inkl. integrierter Sequenzerfunktionen.
LXinstruments vertreibt Produkte von Marvin Test Solutions in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz.